Vac. No. BS/19/24 : Laboratory Assistant
Grade : BS 10
Responsible to : Senior Laboratory Assistant
Number of Posts : One
Duty Station : Blantyre
To keep the laboratory environment clean
Duties and responsibilities
The Laboratory Assistant shall be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Cleaning the laboratory, apparatus and equipment;
- Washing and pressing laboratory coats
- Initiating the disposal of obsolete samples and waste;
- Writing weekly reports.
Minimum qualifications and experience
The applicant must possess:
- Malawi School Certificate of Education;
- Those with prior knowledge of working in the laboratory will have added advantage.
Key competencies and attributes
The ideal applicant must:
- Have good analytical skills;
- Be of sober mind;
- Be self-motivated, a team player and results oriented;
- Be of high ethical character and integrity.
How to apply
The Malawi Bureau of Standards is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. The Bureau is committed to the promotion of merit, fairness, equity, honesty, integrity, impartiality and professionalism. As such, any form of canvasing is not allowed and any candidate involved in canvasing of any kind shall be disqualified.
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should submit a written application letter together with copies of relevant certificates, detailed current Curriculum Vitae, naming three traceable referees, in a sealed envelope clearly marked on top with the post being applied for before close of business on 5th July, 2019 to:
Malawi Bureau of Standards
P. O. Box 946