Job Title : Laboratory Technician (Microbiology, General Chemistry, Food Chemistry)
Vac. Number : BS/20/26
Grade : BS8
Number of posts : 3
Duty Station : Lilongwe
Responsible to : Scientific Officer (BS6).
To generate analytical data.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing reagents glassware and samples for analysis;
- Analyzing samples and recording of analytical results in work books;
- Reporting results to supervisor;
- Ensuring that equipment is in good working condition;
- Reporting faulty equipment to the supervisor;
- Initiating acquisition of laboratory supplies such as glassware, equipment and other consumables;
- Ensuring that work benches equipment, glassware, and the laboratory in general is clean at all times;
- Organizing disposal of obsolete samples from the laboratory;
- Undertaking calibration checks for equipment and arranging for their calibration;
- Initiating preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment;
- Sampling of tests and
- Appraising the performance of Senior Laboratory Assistant.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must possess a Diploma in Applied Sciences with at least two (2) years of experience.
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the above specifications should submit written applications letters accompanied by comprehensive and up to date Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic certificates with at least three traceable referees in a sealed envelope to the following address before close of business on 30th June,2020.
Malawi Bureau of Standards
P. O. Box 946
Note: The Malawi Bureau of Standards is an equal opportunity employer therefore females are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.