Vac. No. BS/19/26: Messenger
Grade : BS 13
Responsible to : Assistant Head Messenger
Duty Station : Blantyre (Chileka Airport) and Lilongwe (KIA)
Number of Posts : Two
To provide office services
Key duties and responsibilities
The Messenger shall be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Posting, collecting and delivery of mail;
- General cleaning of offices every day and as early as possible without disrupting normal work of the occupants;
- Ensuring that all office equipment and utensils (Tea cups, side plates, flasks etc.) are cleaned and stored properly;
- Distributing internal office mail efficiently to all offices, and other sanitary facilities;
- Operating office equipment;
- Preparing tea and other refreshments for the staff.
Minimum qualifications and experience
The applicant must possess:
- Malawi School Certificate of Education;
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in similar position;
- Those with extra qualifications will have an added advantage.
Key competencies and attributes
The ideal applicant must:
- Be able to maintain confidentiality on office issues at all times;
- Be a self-starter and be able to work with minimum supervision;
- Be a team player;
- Have good communication skills.
How to apply
The Malawi Bureau of Standards is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. The Bureau is committed to the promotion of merit, fairness, equity, honesty, integrity, impartiality and professionalism. As such, any form of canvasing is not allowed and any candidate involved in canvasing of any kind shall be disqualified.
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should submit a written application letter together with copies of relevant certificates, detailed current Curriculum Vitae, naming three traceable referees, in a sealed envelope clearly marked on top with the post being applied for before close of business on 5th July, 2019 to:
Malawi Bureau of Standards
P. O. Box 946