Vac. No: BS/19/21 : Quality Monitoring Technician
Grade : BS 8
Responsible to : Senior Quality Monitoring Technician
Duty Station : Blantyre (Chileka Airport) and Lilongwe (KIA)
Number of Posts : Two
To effectively process imports and exports reports
Key duties and responsibilities
The Quality Monitoring Technician shall be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Drafting imports and exports repots and certificates in line with the set procedures;
- Managing records relating to the reporting process;
- Conducting industrial quality audits for products certification based on national and international requirements;
- Conducting quality monitoring market surveys;
- Providing technical advice to the Senior Quality Monitoring Technician; (Reporting) on matters pertaining to inspection and sampling of imported products; and
- Analyzing conformance assessment results and reporting.
Minimum qualifications and experience
The applicant must have:
- Diploma in any Natural Science field obtained from arecognized institution.
- Prior knowledge of quality assurance and certification will be an added advantage;
Key competencies and attributes
The ideal applicant must:
- Have very good analytical skills;
- Have very good interpersonal skills;
- Have the ability to cope with pressure of wok;
- Have good computer knowledge.
How to apply
The Malawi Bureau of Standards is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. The Bureau is committed to the promotion of merit, fairness, equity, honesty, integrity, impartiality and professionalism. As such, any form of canvasing is not allowed and any candidate involved in canvasing of any kind shall be disqualified.
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should submit a written application letter together with copies of relevant certificates, detailed current Curriculum Vitae, naming three traceable referees, in a sealed envelope clearly marked on top with the post being applied for before close of business on 5th July, 2019 to:
Malawi Bureau of Standards
P O Box 946