Purpose of the job
Reporting to the Director General, the Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for prudent management of finances and oversee the efficient management of all administration and human resource matters.
Key duties and responsibilities
The following are the key duties and responsibilities:
- Supervision and control of the Finance and Administration Department of the MBS;
- Controlling and enforcing financial management procedures;
- Controlling debts and enforcing efficient debt collection;
- Ensuring that all financial and corporate requirements are complied with, which includes application of International Financial Reporting Standards, accounting policies and generally accepted accounting standards which shall be applied in the preparation of the audited financial statements;
- Ensuring that legal requirements and obligations are consistently applied which include observance of the Financial Management Act, Audit Act and Regulations and other statutes;
- Reviewing and implementation of management and internal controls for the MBS;
- Preparation of budgets for Board approval;
- Compilation and analysis of final accounts of the MBS ready for audit;
- Production of additional financial information and reports for management as may be required from time to time;
- Production of monthly and quarterly Management Accounts;
- Supervision and control of the Administration and Human Resources Division;
- Controlling all administrative functions within the MBS;
- Ensuring that there are adequate asset management control procedures and that inventory sheets are regularly updated;
- Providing secretarial services to the management meetings
- Assisting Director General in providing secretarial services to the MBS Board;
Qualifications and experience
Applicants should possess:
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in either Finance, Business Administration, Applied Accounting; in addition to a Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or a fellow professional accounting (ACCA, CIMA) profession.
- At least 6 years’ work experience in a related field;
- At least 4 years’ experience at a Senior Management position.
Required competencies and personal attributes
The ideal candidate for the position must:
- Demonstrate leadership and analytical mind;
- Be able to lead and motivate various multi-disciplinary teams in such areas as finance, information technology, administration and human resources;
- Have self-drive and excellent communication and team builder and leader;
- Be able to coordinate various activities in finance, administration and human resources;
- Be conversant with accounting standards and procedures;
- Be conversant with public finance management;
- Have good leadership and team building skills;
- Be results oriented;
- Be decisive, self-motivated and assertive;
- Be of high integrity;
- Have excellent negotiating and analytical skills; and
- Must have a clean drivers’ license;
- TERMS AND CONDTITIONS OF SERVICE
The MBS shall offer an attractive employee benefits package to successful candidates in accordance with its emolument procedures.
- METHOD OF APPLICATION
Those interested should submit their applications together with a detailed and updated Curriculum Vitae and names of three (3) traceable referees. The application should be sent to the address below not later than 7th September, 2021.
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations
P.O. Box 30061
The MBS is an equal opportunity employer therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.