The Malawi Bureau of Standards (MBS) is a statutory organization established in 1972 by an Act of Parliament (Cap 51:02) with a mandate to promote standardization of commodities and their manufacture, production, processing or treatment and to provide for the verification and calibration of weighing and measuring instruments: and further to provide for matter incidental to or connected with standardization.
The MBS is inviting applications from suitably qualified and interested persons to fill the following vacancies tenable at Blantyre Office:
- Vac No. BS/19/24
Job Title : Accounts Assistant
Grade : BS 10
Responsible to : Assistant Accountant (Management/Financial)
Responsible for : N/A
Number of posts : One (1)
Duty station : Muloza
Job Purpose: To maintain books of accounts in the accounts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Capturing financial data into the system;
- Issuing invoices;
- Receiving cash and issuing receipts on the same;
- Banking cash received;
- Maintaining banking register;
- Preparing financial returns;
- Maintaining petty cash;
- Filing accounts documents;
- Reconciling creditors accounts;
- Preparing payments;
- Maintain voucher, cheque, creditors invoice and stationery registers;
- Securing accounts stationery; and preparing fuel issues and salary deductions schedules.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
The applicant must have:
- At least a Diploma in Accounting;
- Two (2) years experience doing similar work.
Mode of Application
The Bureau is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. The Bureau is committed to the promotion of merit, fairness, equity, honesty, integrity, impartiality and professionalism. As such, any form of canvasing is not allowed and any candidate involved in any kind shall be disqualified.
Interested persons who meet the above specifications should submit a written application letter together with copies of relevant certificates, up to date Curriculum Vitae, naming three traceable referees, in a sealed envelope clearly marked on top with the post being applied for before close of business on 20th September, 2021 to:
The Director General
Malawi Bureau of Standards
P O Box 946