Who We Are
The Director General is the Chief Executive Officer responsible for the day-to-day administration of the MBS within the broad guidelines formulated by the MBS Board.
What We Do
- Standards Development Department – Responsible for the development of Malawi standards and the dissemination of standards and standards related information.
- Quality Assurance Services Department – Responsible for the implementation of standards through inspection and certification services.
- Testing Services Department – Provides testing services for product certification services as well as testing of client samples from the industry and the general public.
- Metrology Services Department – Provides inspection and verification of weighing and measuring instruments, and calibration services.
- Human Resources and Administration Department – Responsible for the Human Resources and administrative matters.
- Finance Department - Responsible for Financial matters.
To contribute, by promoting quality and standardization towards the strengthening of the economy of Malawi and towards enhancing the quality of life of its entire people.