Who We Are
The Director General is the Chief Executive Officer responsible for the day-to-day administration of the MBS within the broad guidelines formulated by the MBS Board.
What We Do
The functions of the MBS are undertaken by five departments as follows:
- Standards Development Department – Responsible for the development of Malawi standards and the dissemination of standards and standards related information.
- Quality Assurance Services Department – Responsible for the implementation of standards through inspection and certification services.
- Testing Services Department – Provides testing services for product certification services as well as testing of client samples from the industry and the general public.
- Metrology Services Department – Provides inspection and verification of weighing and measuring instruments, and calibration services.
- Finance and Administration Department – Responsible for the financial and administrative matters.
To contribute, by promoting quality and standardization towards the strengthening of the economy of Malawi and towards enhancing the quality of life of its entire people.